Movatterモバイル変換


[0]ホーム

URL:


SearchKyiv PostKyiv Post

EN

arrow
Kyiv Post
Kador Group

EN

arrow
War in Ukraine Energy Oil

Russia Triples Attacks on Naftogaz Facilities Last Year

The number of attacks on Naftogaz Group, Ukraine’s leading fuel and energy company, reached 229 in 2025, tripling the total number over the previous three years.

byMariia Boltryk | Feb. 19, 2026, 2:57 pm
Make us preferred on Google
Share
Russia Triples Attacks on Naftogaz Facilities Last Year
This photograph taken on December 2, 2025, shows damaged parts of the Naftogaz gas facility, following Russian missile and drone attacks, in Ukraine, amid the Russian invasion of Ukraine. (Photo by Roman PILIPEY / AFP)

Russia intensified its campaign against Ukraine’s energy security by tripling the frequency of its strikes on Ukraine’sleading state-owned fuel and energy company Naftogaz Group last year, according to a company release. The number of attacks in 2025 rose to 229.

Since the full-scale invasion began, the national energy giant has faced 401 attacks. The situation worsened in 2025, when Moscow launched more strikes in a single year than in the previous three years combined. Russian forces continued to attack Ukraine’s energy infrastructure andare looking for new targets.

“The scale of attacks in 2025 was unprecedented in terms of the scale of attacks on our infrastructure,” Serhiy Koretskyi, CEO of Naftogaz Ukraine, was quoted in the company’s pressrelease. “Despite this, we are providing the country with gas and maintaining the stability of the energy system,” he said.

Advertisement

In total, Russia has used over 1,700 weapons against Naftogaz sites since 2022, including missiles, drones, and artillery. The vast majority of these – 1,399 strikes – occurred in 2025.

In recent months, the pressure became more intense. Russian forces hit Naftogaz facilities severaltimes a month, sometimes launching strikes for several daysin a row to cause more damage.

Data fromS&P Global shows the dynamics of the attacks. According to the tracking, during the first two years of the war, there were about 20 attacks per half-year. However, the frequency increased sharply in 2024 and continued to grow until the end of 2025, when the group recorded more than 150 attacks in just six months.

Ukrainian Kamikaze Drones Expand Target List in Russia
Other Topics of Interest

Ukrainian Kamikaze Drones Expand Target List in Russia

Ukraine’s drones aren’t just hitting the Kremlin’s energy infrastructure, Kyiv’s kamikaze aircraft now are hunting Russian power grid, public heating, drone launch platforms and air defenses.

Naftogaz faced the highest number of Russian attacks on its infrastructure in 2025 since Russia's full-scale invasion began. (Graph courtesy of the S&P Global Energy)

Advertisement

Despite the daily danger, Naftogaz Group managed to maintain its energy system, Naftogaz Group said via release. The company’s ability to repair and adapt was crucial in keeping Ukrainian homes warm during the winter months.

To suggest a correction or clarification, write to us here
You can also highlight the text and pressCtrl + Enter
Please leave your suggestions or corrections here
Mariia Boltryk
Mariia Boltryk

Mariіa Boltryk has been a journalist since 2022 and has been working for Ukraine's leading news agency Interfax-Ukraine. At Kyiv Post, she covers macroeconomics in Ukraine and business-related topics.

Rubio: Russia Hemorrhages 8,000 Troops Weekly, Kremlin Forced to Hire Foreign Fighters – UK
Rubio says Russia is losing up to 8,000 troops weekly – “Not wounded, dead” – while Britain says mounting losses are forcing the Kremlin to recruit foreign fighters to sustain its war in Ukraine.
By Julia Struck
Feb. 16, 2026
back to top

[8]ページ先頭

©2009-2026 Movatter.jp