Movatterモバイル変換


[0]ホーム

URL:


SKIP TO MAIN CONTENT
Global News Home
Live
Full Menu
Menu

Menu

Topics

TV Programs

Connect

Local

Share

Calendar

Calendar

Search

Quick Search

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Trending Now

  •  
     
  •  
     
  •  
     
  •  
     
  •  
     
  •  
     

Add Global News to Home Screen

Instructions:

  1. Press theshareicon on your browser
  2. SelectAdd to Home Screen
  3. PressAdd

Comments

Want to discuss? Please read ourCommenting Policy first.

Write a comment

Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).


Advertisement

Coronavirus: Montreal cancels all festivals, sporting events, public gatherings until July 2

ByAnnabelle OlivierGlobal News
Posted April 7, 2020 2:38 pm
1 min read

If you get Global News from Instagram or Facebook - that will be changing.Find out how you can still connect with us.

This article is more than 5 years old and some information may not be up to date.

In this file photo, crowds gather in downtown Montreal for Grand Prix festivities. All festivities in Montreal have been cancelled until July 2 amid the coronavirus outbreak. Tuesday, April 7, 2020.View image in full screen
In this file photo, crowds gather in downtown Montreal for Grand Prix festivities. All festivities in Montreal have been cancelled until July 2 amid the coronavirus outbreak. Tuesday, April 7, 2020.

Share

The City of Montreal has announced the cancellation of all festivals, sporting events and public gatherings until July 2 due to thecoronavirus pandemic.

That means Quebec’s Fête nationale, which falls on June 24, and Canada Day festivities will not be held.

The city says the decision was made Tuesday in accordance with directives issued by the Quebec government.

Montreal has been under astate of emergency since March 27 and remains the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak in Quebec.

Get the day's top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

Get daily National news

Get the day's top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.
By providing your email address, you have read and agree to Global News'Terms and Conditions andPrivacy Policy.

On Tuesday, the number of confirmedCOVID-19 cases in the city climbed to4, 407, close to half of the province’s 9,340 cases.

Story continues below advertisement

Last week, Montreal’s Jazz Festival was cancelled, as were the FrancoFolies de Montéal music festival and theTour de l’Île de Montréal bike tour.

The Just for Laughs Festival announced it was postponing festivities until the fall.

The Canadian Grand Prix has also been postponed, but a new date for the Montreal-based Formula One race has yet to be scheduled.

In a press release, the City of Montreal said all its actions to reduce the spread of the virus follow the recommendations issued by the regional public health department.

City officials are also reminding Montrealers that containing the infection is everyone’s responsibility.

Journalistic standardsReport an error
© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Sponsored content

Advertisement
national skylinenational skyline
Stay in the loop

The email you need for the day’s top news stories from Canada and around the world.

More Videos
national skylinenational skyline
Stay in the loop

The email you need for the day’s top news stories from Canada and around the world.

Advertisement
AdChoices

[8]ページ先頭

©2009-2026 Movatter.jp